Blogs...

Current Blogs
FMP Design Practice - My ideas and development for each of the briefs that I am working on for my final project of my 3rd year

Design Context - The designers, work, processes and existing products that I am looking at the gain inspiration and help to inform my design work

Personal Professional Development - Documentation of my professional development over the course of my 3rd year

Bread and Butterflies - This blog remains the homepage/hub of all my blogs, as well as acting as an area that I use for posting stuff that doesn't relate directly to my design work.

Idle Blogs
3rd Year Module 1 Design Practice

Sunday 30 September 2007

Flat Pack Penguins


On the request of a friend I produce the following piece of work. He asked for a penguin, I then promised to make him a penguin and post it to him. For obvious reasons the penguin had to be flat so that it would fit in the post box...the rest is pretty self explanatory...

Finished photographs to follow...

If anyone wants a Flat Pack Penguin please leave me a comment and include your email address, Thanks!

UPDATE

Photos of finished penguins...

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hey Alex
sophie and I (I being your Auntie Mandy) love your flat back penquins, and on the basis that your they probably come with all the bits rather than the furniture variety of flat pack which always have the most important bit missing but make sure that you don't realise until after the shop has shut, we would really like one to take care of. Leeds sounds good and I'm glad that Harpenden has one or two men's shops, the thought of my brother wandering around with no clothes on is a bit of a worry, not least for the other inhabitants of Harpenden.

lucy said...

awww, alex these are adorable :)

Steven Schmitt said...

Thank you for the design. You can see my penguins at

www.mayamacstudio.com

Maya