Blogs...

Current Blogs
FMP Design Practice - My ideas and development for each of the briefs that I am working on for my final project of my 3rd year

Design Context - The designers, work, processes and existing products that I am looking at the gain inspiration and help to inform my design work

Personal Professional Development - Documentation of my professional development over the course of my 3rd year

Bread and Butterflies - This blog remains the homepage/hub of all my blogs, as well as acting as an area that I use for posting stuff that doesn't relate directly to my design work.

Idle Blogs
3rd Year Module 1 Design Practice

Friday 20 March 2009

Type Module...

I have just had my second to last Type Module session, and I've realised that I haven't posted anything about it!

We had to choose between taking a module in typography or image. I chose typography because I was enjoying the type sessions we were introduced to last term.

We have been learning so much that it is hard to talk about it all here, but I here is a list of a few things:
1. Leaflet design
2. Columns of text
3. Creating appealing type layouts
4. How to use Quark Express (Evil software!)
5. How to design an appealing CV
6. Designing a business card
7. Creating a letterhead
8. Creating an advert for yellow pages
9. How to create packaging nets
10. How to recognise and identify typefaces by their characters

I am so pleased that I chose this module - My favourite task has been producing my CV and business card, because I was able to chose elements that I liked and wanted to represent me. It has also come in really useful for producing type documents in general; I am learning things that can be applied to everyday word processed documents, as well as how to create hierarchies of information by just using type and altering it's pointsize or weight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.