Blogs...

Current Blogs
FMP Design Practice - My ideas and development for each of the briefs that I am working on for my final project of my 3rd year

Design Context - The designers, work, processes and existing products that I am looking at the gain inspiration and help to inform my design work

Personal Professional Development - Documentation of my professional development over the course of my 3rd year

Bread and Butterflies - This blog remains the homepage/hub of all my blogs, as well as acting as an area that I use for posting stuff that doesn't relate directly to my design work.

Idle Blogs
3rd Year Module 1 Design Practice

Friday 9 May 2008

Butterfly; Setting reading free...

The following work was produced as part of a collaborative project with a partner. Our topic was 'Getting people to read more'. We wanted to focus on encouraging adults to read, rather than children, as most reading schemes are aimed at encouraging reading from a young age. We chose to target commuter; they are easy to find, and have down time on the train/bus in which they might choose to read a book. We felt that something active, out there in the community was the way to go, rather than just advertising reading. We decided to package up second hand books, and give them away for free; in the hope that they would be read and then passed onto someone else for them to enjoy. Each packaged book contained a leaflet, business card and web address and a bookmark.

We had to present this work to 3 other partnerships at the end of the week, ours was well received and people were impressed that we has managed to instigate this system and actually have a trail run within the week we had to produce this project.

No comments: