Blogs...

Current Blogs
FMP Design Practice - My ideas and development for each of the briefs that I am working on for my final project of my 3rd year

Design Context - The designers, work, processes and existing products that I am looking at the gain inspiration and help to inform my design work

Personal Professional Development - Documentation of my professional development over the course of my 3rd year

Bread and Butterflies - This blog remains the homepage/hub of all my blogs, as well as acting as an area that I use for posting stuff that doesn't relate directly to my design work.

Idle Blogs
3rd Year Module 1 Design Practice

Friday 22 May 2009

OUGD203: Postcards - Begin at the beginning...

These are 3 variations of the "Begin at the beginning and go on until you come to the end. Then stop" postcard. This phrase is spoken by the king of hearts, which is why I have used to the red white and black/grey colour palette. The transparency on the words allows all of them to be read, and the repetitiveness creates a loop of the phrase - preventing you from beginning at the beginning, going on to the end and then stopping.

Crit feedback told me that the design needed a bit more texture, and depth to the design. I have applied an eroded texture to the centre image, and added outline, and hand drawn letters to the bottom. I have asked for feedback on these, and the bottom image was preferred as it has a more hand crafted look, which fits in with the other cards.

No comments: