Blogs...

Current Blogs
FMP Design Practice - My ideas and development for each of the briefs that I am working on for my final project of my 3rd year

Design Context - The designers, work, processes and existing products that I am looking at the gain inspiration and help to inform my design work

Personal Professional Development - Documentation of my professional development over the course of my 3rd year

Bread and Butterflies - This blog remains the homepage/hub of all my blogs, as well as acting as an area that I use for posting stuff that doesn't relate directly to my design work.

Idle Blogs
3rd Year Module 1 Design Practice

Friday 8 May 2009

OUGD203: Postcards - A typographic wonderland...

I have decided to base my Postcards from the Edge brief on Alice in Wonderland, and the characters in the stories. I started by investigating the characters, trying to get a feel for how to represent each one. Initially I wanted to create collage effect, using illustrations, photographs and embellishments. I investigated this, and hit a dead end with the ideas for each calendar.

So, I have moved on to using typography instead of illustration. I think that the words and quotes from the stories are really expressive, and present interesting areas for typographic exploration. I think that hand drawn type, and illustrative elements will help to give the words expression and meaning. The images below are my initial ideas for some of the quotes that I have found in the stories:











No comments: